Monday, November 30, 2009

Colored Folk (the black kind)

I was asking Pratt what mentally challenged means? Some guy wrote me a letter about it. Pratt says it means Im mentally challenged when Im writing cos I have to do a lot of thinking and praying and talking with him to put stuff down right, and he said the folk reading my blog are mentally challenged to, cos they have to get there heads round all this new stuff. First off its kinda hard for them, but then maybe theyll be seeing the truth! Thatd be great!!! Thats what my blogs all about! So keep reading!

Now for the blacks. The bretheren dont say much about this question in meeting. They talk about it when there not in meeting. I guess they think it could make problems for them. But its OK to write in my blog cos nobody knows what group we are.

I did brown and yellow folk yesterday and today we're doing the black ones. These are the folk you DONT give the priesthood and DONT do any marrying with cos thats REAL serious. Pratt says the LDS Mormons were believing this to, till there prophet got a revelation back in 1978. Folk were being real MEAN to them and they were saying NO WAY! when Brigham Youngs University was wanting to play basketball and football with them. (Basketball and footballs WAY important to BYU specially when there playing the University of Utah) They didnt need to be mean to the LDS Mormons cos they quite liked black people. One of there prophets said nice stuff once -
"I would not want you to believe that we bear any animosity toward the Negro. 'Darkies' are wonderful people, and they have their place in our church."- Joseph Fielding Smith, Look magazine, October 22, 1963, page 79
So anyway, folk STILL got mad, so in the end the LDS said OK, OK, we got a NEW revelation and now the black folk are just like us!!! That stopped folk being mean and now its OK for playing basketball with BYU.

WE stick with Brigham Young and the early bretheren about blacks cos OUR prophet DIDNT get a revelation and we dont have a basketball team to worry about.

We're not saying black folkre bad - its just in the pre existance they kinda sided with Satan for a spell and then they changed there minds and came over to gods side. Cos of that they didnt get born white and when Cain killed his brother, Cain turned black, so all those folk in the  pre-existance came through Cain. Brigham said -

You see some classes of the human family that are black, uncouth, un-comely, disagreeable and low in their habits, wild, and seemingly deprived of nearly all the blessings of the intelligence that is generally bestowed upon mankind. The first man that committed the odious crime of killing one of his brethren will be cursed the longest of any one of the children of Adam. Cain slew his brother... and the Lord put a mark upon him, which is the flat nose and black skin.. - Journal of Discourses 7:290-291 (October 9, 1859)

We need to stick with our own folk cos we dont want to be getting cursed to! Its WAY bad to marry them cos the prophet Brigham Young said
Shall I tell you the law of God in regard to the African race? If the white man who belongs to the chosen seed mixes his blood with the seed of Cain, the penalty, under the law of God, is death on the spot. This will always be so. - Journal of Discoursesvol.10 p. 110: (March 8, 1863)
Right now theres no killing about it, but maybe when the priesthoods ruling the earth there will be again?? If your great great great grandpa even, married one, then you dont get the priesthood. Thats why we get patriartical blessings so we know if we're chosen or not and we know who we're marrying.

 I dont know why folk are getting mad about the blacks not getting the priesthood cos WOMEN dont get the priesthood even and WE'RE not getting mad about it! (I dont THINK women did bad stuff in the pre-existance to, cos the bretheren say we're WAY blessed to get polygamy and having kids - so I guess we're not cursed like the blacks?)

Before I forget. If the black folk do everything they should, then they CAN get to the celestial kingdom and be servants there, so thats OK for them.

We had a big talk last night with all us gals and Pratt about all this stuff and Pratt says we gals need to be making sure the kids know. Even if there not out in the world now, one day theyll be getting jobs and so they need to keep with there own.

When we were talking about brown people Harmonee suddenly says SHE thinks red indian skin is pretty cool! She says we look like a bunch of maggots in the winter and she didnt think theres any thing delightsome about it!!! Then Celestial Rainbow says she likes getting tan to, cos she thinks it looks cute! I was REAL shocked to hear it and Pratt didnt like it much. He told us the prophet Joseph Musser got REAL white when he got old - his skin was looking like snow, and thats a sign of being righteous! Harmonee NEVER stops when she gets going, so she went - some of the guys say Joseph Musser was real ANEEMIC!!! Then she shut up (thank goodness!)

So then Pratt gets real serious and asks LiaHona to say her testimony about black people. LiaHona looks like a deer in the headlights cos shes not expecting it, but Harmonee gives her a dig in the ribs, so she gets going. It was real good she didnt say dumb stuff and start laughing. She said she guessed it had to be true cos the bretheren said, but she didnt like the name she heard somebody call that Martin King guy, cos she thinks we need to be loving everybody and that names not loving. For once Harmonee didnt get LiaHona off laughing again, she just put her arm around LiaHona and looked serious like Pratt was doing, so I guess she was glad about the teachings of the priesthood to.

I guess it was an OK testimony but I think LiaHona couldve been saying more about the blessings of being white.

I got a headache writing all this - Im sure mentally challenged today!
Blessings!
HoneyDawn

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks as always for your insights and explanations HoneyDawn.

I do have a question though. When you talk about the seed of Cain and the "curse" of dark skin, I assume you are talking about Africans and their descendants, such as African Americans. What is the situation with, and the priesthood status of, other dark skinned races, such as Australian Aborigines, who are not related to Africans?

Looking forward to hearing more!

Melissa xx

demoiselle said...

Thanks Honey Dawn for the clarification on this.
Can my Italian husband hold the priesthood, or do I have to be reassigned ?

HoneyDawn said...

Hi Melissa, Brigham Young only said about the AFRICAN folk not getting the priesthood. Pratt says maybe the aborigine guys came from Africa to? If they didnt I guess there just brown, so there OK.

Dont worry Demoiselle, Italians are OK in our group so you wont get reassigned. Dont join the Kingstons though or you WILL!

Keeping Sweet said...

Can you tell me about the features of each polygamy group so that I make a choice about which one I might want to join?
Thanks

Anonymous said...

Australian aborigines came from the Asia Pacific region hundreds of thousands of years ago. They defenitely aren't of African descent, but they are very dark. Jewish/ Christian writers and prophets seem to have been entirely unaware of this region. Maybe someone will get a revelation for us forgotten millions here one day. Maybe you could get Pratt to ask your prophet to pray for one. I would love to hear a book of Mormon style explanation of our ancient history.

I know I am always full of questions, but I wanted to ask you about your kids. Do they live nearby, do you see much of your grandchildren?

Thanks as always.

Melissa xx

Anonymous said...

I am a “darkie” who is married to a white guy. We have four children who are all a lot lighter than me. I thought getting whiter and brighter was a good thing in your theology, but now you say my husband made a mistake by marrying me. What’s up with that???

HoneyDawn said...

Annonymous December (Dec 1, 2009 6:45 PM)
Wow!!! I never thought of that! Thats WAY cool!!! Pratts not here right now to ask, and I probally shouldnt be answering on my own, but what Im thinking is - Joseph Smith told the white guys to marry the red indian gals to make the kids white, so maybe thats whats happening here?? (It sounds OK to me but Im not SURE if the bretheren would like it much. Im kinda scared to say it might be OK cos I thought Brigham Young was saying it was REAL bad, and I dont want the bretheren getting mad with me. Now Im all confused.) You ask WAY hard questions. Id better ask Pratt

HoneyDawn said...

Melissa I just saw your letter and its easy to answer now I know there Pacific folk, so Ill get to it when Pratts around. (I shouldve done that with the other Annonymous question! I hope Pratt wont get mad - but probally not cos hes WAY righteous!)
Blessings!
Honeydawn
(im WAY glad your questions not hard like the other one tonight!!!

Anonymous said...

Honey Dawn, I don't want to offend you but I am offended by these teachings! I get the impression that this is what you have been taught all your life and probably don't know anything else. I have been exposed to a lot of different people in all my years and know that what you have been told about skin color is an idea thought up by a mere man, not God, not God inspired... and it's just not right. I am a "whitie" and I find this whole concept of white skin being what makes you righteous a bit far fetched! I have known a lot of "snow white" skinned people that were not righteous! I also have some "darkies" in my family and they are no different from me on the inside. We only have a difference of skin color. We are all humans with the same needs, wants, desires, "intelligence", hurt the same way, feel joy the same, etc, etc. I could go on all night with the likenesses of all colors of skin that only serves as a cover on the outside for the human inside. We are all loved by God the same, no one is better than the other just because we have different colored skin! You speak of truth a lot. I think there are a lot of "truths" in this world that you are not aware of. Expand your mind beyond Pratt's. You come across as a very sweet person and I don't mean to hurt your feelings, but I really am bothered that there are people in this world teaching such divisive doctrines and thinking it is a good thing. I know I am only one voice and it probably doesn't count for much, but if more people would realize that we are all more alike than they think and work together rather than dividing at every turn, this world would be such a beautiful place to live. Learn to love one another for the people we are, not according to our skin color.

Keeping Sweet said...

@ anon 12/1 @ 8:41 pm :
What polygamy group do you belong to ?

HoneyDawn said...

Annonymous December 1, 2009 8:41 PM I think thats what HARMONEE might be thinking to - thats the kinda stuff she says!

Anonymous said...

Hi Keeping Sweet, what would make you ask what polygamy group I belong to? Do I sound like I am a polygamist because I don't belong to any group, polygamy or otherwise. I am an individual that is free to think for themself.

Honey Dawn, I think I like Harmonee! As they say, great minds think alike! :)

Keeping Sweet said...

thanks Anon 11/2 for clarifying for me your position.
glad you like Harmonee

Anonymous said...

"mentally challenged" means retarded. it is an insult and describes an incapacity to function normally, physically or mentally.

Creative Commons License
Almost Heaven by HoneyDawn is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.