Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Poems

Ive been thinking real HARD about what to put in the Poly Pre Teen Mag, but Ive been REAL busy lately so I didnt get much yet. Pratt DID give me a poem that Harmonee wrote. He said she didnt do it for the mag but it might be OK, so I read it. Oh-my-heck! WHAT a poem!! I thought Id put it here so you can read it to, so you can see what Im saying. Here it is!


"Day
Devious in scintillating sunlight.

Chimaera rises in noxious bubblings from darkest fluid jet.

Greedily grasping,

Dragging Elpis from warm home

Down into frigid depths

Leaving only flowers forlorn on icy wave.


Day

Dark in its bright, black sun of hopelessness."

What in the heck is all THAT about! PRATT didnt know even! We CANT use it cos - 
A. It doesnt ryhm even!
B. Its got made up words nobody heard of! Whose Elpis?- its not a cute Utah name even!!!
c. It doesnt seem real happy. (I think she should have gone with the flowers and sunshine and put in more stuff like rainbows and babies)
4. Im the editor and I say no.


Im working on a poem right now. Ill let you read it when its done and  I''ll let you read some of the other stuff when weve got it ready.

Pratt says maybe I could sit down with Harmonee and do some poem writing with her. He says itll bring us closer together and really bring in the spirit. He says all us sisterwives need to be best buddies and love sharing EVERYTHING with each other. Hes SO right! Im going to see if Harmonee wants writing lessons.

Oh, and Melissa, Im WAY glad you like the blog. If your thinking about a polygamy marriage itll help you see what its like! Totally AWESOME! Im thinking it might help gals who're thinking of leaving, to, so they can see what it CAN be like for them if they do it right.

I got another letter from a gal called Cat Whisperer. WAY cute name. (I never heard it before) Did you see the pics of cute baby animals Ive got on the page way down on the left? You might like them!


Blessings,
HoneyDawn

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for responding to me HoneyDawn, and thanks for posting Harmonee's poem. I really enjoy getting a more rounded view of the other characters in your family.

A fun exercise for you and Harmonee might be to sit and write a poem together, taking turns so each of you writes each alternative line. That way if you went second you could make sure it rhymed!!! You could even try it with all your sister wives, but that might get a bit complicated. But if you did it on a topic you all share an interest in, like how awesome Pratt is, maybe it would work.

The pics of baby animals are so so cute. It's great to come to a page that is all pretty and girly and simple and makes you feel happy and smile. I always smile a lot when i read your blog.

Hugs,

Melissa

Rebeckah said...

I think Harmonee is depressed, Honeydawn. Elpis is the Greek personification of hope. So Harmonee is expressing hopelessness. Maybe you could watch her children for her for a weekend and let her have some quite time or prepare her her favorite meal to let her know how much you love her or something. She's also welcome to e-mail me anytime. I've lived with depression for a long time myself.

Oh, and not all poems rhyme. What Harmonee did was a style called Free Verse. Some people really like free verse. I'm no poet and I can't claim to really understand it either. Give me prose any day. ;)

Anonymous said...

Wow I really like that poem! She should get more of her stuff published..maybe that would help pay for the four-plex! Harmonee has an amazing talent-be careful not to judge to quickly becasue you don't understand it or it isn't your taste of poetry. I thought it was beautiful and made me think. It sounds like that is her style so it's good because she is showing her talent that God gave her. Ask her for more! Please! (I personaly like the poems that don't rhyme)

Anonymous said...

Wow, Harmonee really does have a talent for free verse poetry. You really shouldn't stifle her creativity -- encourage her to write more. Many poems do not rhyme. In fact, some people think that poems that rhyme too much are immature and amateur (ie. written by children).

Also, Rebeckah is right because Elpis is the Greek personification of hope. Harmonee must be a really smart and well-educated girl to know that. Good for her!

Anonymous said...

Please do NOT help Harmonee with her poetry. She writes so beautifully already. Also, no offense but your poems sound like a four year-old wrote them.

Creative Commons License
Almost Heaven by HoneyDawn is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.