Friday, January 8, 2010

More blood atonement and more cute crafts!

Whoops, sorry my blogs late again. I did it to come up early but i mustve done something wrong! Heres some more stuff about blood atoning before I get started on my Joseph Smith tote bag. Pratt says hes read that book talking about the Lafferty guys and the nasty stuff they were doing and calling it blood atoning. But thats not the same as GOOD blood atoning The FIRST kind of blood atonings for temple folk first, if there not keeping there promises. Brigham Young said it was about being real nice to them
Suppose you found your brother in bed with your wife, and put a javelin through both of them. You would be justified, and they would atone for their sins, and be received into the Kingdom of God. I would at once do so, in such a case; and under the circumstances, I have no wife whom I love so well that I would not put a javelin through her heart, and I would do it with clean hands.... There is not a man or woman, who violates the covenants made with their God, that will not be required to pay the debt. The blood of Christ will never wipe that out, your own blood must atone for it.”
Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, v. 1, pp. 108-109

See, its not about getting mad and killing folk, its about helping them get to the CK instead of them going to heck. That works for apostates to if there leaving the truth.

“I say, rather than that apostates should flourish here, I will unsheath [sic] my bowie knife, and conquer or die [Great commotion in the congregation, and a simultaneous burst of feeling, assenting to the declaration.]. Now, you nasty apostates, clear out, or judgment will be put to the line, and righteousness to the plummet [Voices, generally, ‘go it, go it.’]. If you say it is right, raise your hands [All hands up.]. Let us call upon the Lord to assist us in this, and every good work.”- Prophet Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, v. 1, p. 83


 If your a runaway wife you cant be going to the Celestial Kingdom cus your not keeping your promises, so if there was still blood atoning being done itd be a good thing for them. I was saying to Pratt I heard some guys in the group saying THEY decide if a runaway brides going to the CK with them. They say those are the women having the BAD spirits as there kids in heaven, and all the RIGHTEUS spirit children are born to the good wives. We're not sure about it, cus we never heard the brethen say much about it.

The NEXT kind of blood atonings pretty much for ANY folk breaking the law, like guys stealing or killing. I guess its not mattering if there mormon or not.
“If you want to know what to do with a thief that you may find stealing, I say kill him on the spot, and never suffer him to commit another iniquity. I will prove by my works whether I can mete out justice to such persons, or not. I would consider it just as much my duty to do that, as to baptize a man for the remission of his sins.”

- Prophet Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, v. 1, pp. 108-109
LAST theres the oath of venjeance blood atoning. Early temple mormons were making a promise to avenje the killing of the prophet Joseph. That went out after a bit and Im not thinking many groupsre still doing it. The folk making the promise got kinda confused sometimes and were killing the wrong folk like at mountain meadows cus some were thinking the wagon train traveling near Cedar City had guys who killed Joseph or Parley Pratt the apostle. One guy got told if he did some killing he was SURE to get a great place in the CK! He wasnt happy later though, when he got blamed for the whole thing and got executed himself.

So, when the USA guvernment collapses, and the priesthood guys get to be in charge of the world, then theyll be able to be doing blood atoning again. One of the ways was cutting heads off. (Pratt says thats like some of the muslins do, but thats diffrent cus they dont have the preisthood)

Im WAY excited about starting on the Joseph Smith tote bag. I didnt even need to be buying fabric cus I keep bunchesve scraps. I might use the rest to be making a cute quilt to. Thanks for all the ideas!
Blessings!
HoneyDawn



4 comments:

Keeping Sweet said...

Honey Dawn,
You said that when the US government collapses that the priesthood will be in charge.
When do you expect the US government will collapse ?
That's scary.

muslim said...

Well I believe that it is better to pay for your sins here on earth than having to pay for them in the hereafter.

Just like I think people who commit adultery need to be stoned. To me it is better for them to pay for it here than later when they face their judgement before God.

Anonymous said...

I read somewhere, I think it may have been in Under The Banner of Heaven in fact, that statisticians, using population growth figures, have concluded that by the end of the century no president will be able to get to the white house without the Mormon vote.

Maybe this is when they plan to go back to their roots and re embrace polygamy, blood atonement and other fundamentalists doctrines that the church has never formally and eternally denounced.

It's an interesting future to think about, even for me in Australia who won't directly deal with the consequences.

Melissa xx

Anonymous said...

Muslim,
I don't believe that adultery is acceptable, but executing someone for it is scary stuff.

Creative Commons License
Almost Heaven by HoneyDawn is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.