Thursday, October 22, 2009

Fasting

Thought I would ask you folk what YOU think about fasting? Somebody said for me to fast for a WEEK. I did fast for 3 days once when the bretheren said to but not eating makes me WAY hungry. AND did Anonnymous mean to not drink water to??? I ALWAYS drink a gallon a day to keep my skin young looking - I mean this is UTAH!!! I dont want to be a prune!!!! Pratt says my skin is GREAT!
We fast in our family for a day now and then, and gals its AWESOME for keeping you thin - except for somebody in our family who goes to a ALL YOU CAN EAT place the night before!!!! - I wont say who. Of course, I just fast from my FAVORITE foods and eat real plain for a day and I drink some juice to keep my energy up. Its HEALTHY.

Some nice person asked for a pic of our feet. Pratts off hunting right now so I cant ask him what he thinks. He doesnt like photos much cos he says it makes women vain about how they look. We dont have many mirrors either for the same reason. Ill ask when he gets back. (not sure how to put it on my blog if he says its OK though. Maybe hell Know?)
Still worried about Harmonee. She STILL looked mad when we got back (too bad she didnt hear Pratts AWESOME talking about keeping sweet and NEVER being angry.) She was RUDE about Brighameena getting all burnt in the camp fire and said it was OUR fault!!! I told her Prattd told ALL the kids the rules, and Brighameena didnt listen. Harmonee just shook her head and said Brighameena was only three and the grownups shouldve watched better!!!! No wonder her kids dont mind me. Im there other mother and they treat me like Im nothing to do with them!!! When Harmonee says MEAN stuff to me I just cry and cry. Pratt says I have a SENSITIVE SOLE. Hes SO right! He says he'll tell Harmonee and the others not to talk to me about stuff and make me cry all the time.
Its so HARD sometimes being such a gentle and sweet spirit. I dont know what Id do without Pratt to protect and watch out for me. I just keep praying for everyone to see what a blessing I am to this family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quite a number of people posting to this blog seem to feel very strongly that the writer's intent is to give polygamists a bad name. I have carefully read all the entries to date and am wondering what it is exactly, that HoneyDawn has written that is actually incorrect? I was a member of a polygamist group for a large part of my life, and have personal experience of many of the things she writes about. I saw many women overwhelmed with large numbers of children. Accidents did happen because there was a chaotic environment on occasion because of the huge ratio of children to adults. There was jealousy. Husbands did play favorites sometimes - they are human beings after all! African Americans were discriminated against because of the doctrines taught by the early leaders of the LDS church, which Fundamentalist Mormons still believe in. As for the attitude towards guns - that is one that reflects a large proportion of the population of the USA, particularly in the western states. Distrust of government is also not a purely polygamist issue, although of course since polygamy is illegal, some fear of officialdom is inevitable.

The only real dishonesty I find is HoneyDawn's self deception. She is trying to convince herself that she loves the system and is happy in it. I know, because I tried to do the same thing for many years. Pretending to be happy brings approval from all the powers that be. What HoneyDawn really needs is an exclusive relationship with a loving and devoted man who is willing to be a fully invested father and husband - not someone you see only on occasion and who has very little time for you or your children. What kind of relationship is that? Get out while you can. (I have a hunch that you may have already!)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Creative Commons License
Almost Heaven by HoneyDawn is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.