Thursday, October 1, 2009

College Problems

I want to tell you about my sister's girl LaVera. LaVeras 18 years old and shes been real obedient up till now. Last year she flat out said she was going to college this fall. Well for sure we were WAY worried about her!!! To make things worse she wanted to go to the University of Utah and everyone knows its a godless place. The teachers there are all atheists!!! Well, we tried and tried to make her see how important it is for a girl to stay safe at home till a good guy marries her, but no, she just HAD to go out into the world. Weve all been praying so hard for her not to lose her testimony. But just yesterday VaLoy (my sister) got a call from LaVera, saying that they are teaching her CRITICAL THINKING at the U!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh-my-gosh!!! Dont they even KNOW being critical is a bad thing!!!! Fer ignernt!!!!!

I think I should just say I dont like some of the ads their putting on my page, especially the ones about getting Russian or Moldavian brides!! That is SO bad. If your looking for good brides you need to come to Zion (thats here in Utah) Theirs bunches of good girls here for you when you join the TRUE religion.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am really interested in how you all feel about interracial marriage. If you are against that, then would you mind a black family to move into your community and join your church?

HoneyDawn said...

Hello again Annonymous (WAY CUTE name! I might use it when I have another baby) I just think its wonderful that you are asking all these questions! We LOVE getting married - its the only way to go. We marry people in the true relgion, so if you want to come here to Zion, and join us, our prophet will find the right person for you!

I dont think there are black people in Utah, at least ive never seen one (Ill have to ask Pratt about that)

Thanks again,
Blessings!
HoneyDawn

Jeri Nicole (aka) Jericho said...

Oh Hun, this is not about whether their are black people in utah or not. What I am asking, What if a black man from another state started studying your religion and decided he would like to join your church and move into your community. Would your prophet allow him to marry the any of the eligible white sisters that belong to your church?
Or what if it was a black woman? Aside from personal preferences, would the church allow a brother, lets say, Pratt for example to marry the black sister?

It is just a question. Don't take offense, because I promise that whatever answer you give me won't offend me either. Because we do have some churches around here in my state that considers it a sin for people to enter into an inter racial marriage. I mean to each their own. I myself am a white woman and I am NOT in search of a black man. When it comes to my soul mate I prefer that he be white. But as I said to each their own. I am just trying to understand your church and beliefs.

I don't have a problem with polygamy. As a matter of fact I am not a jealous person and I use to pray that I find a husband that would also like to enter into polygamy and marry another sister. And that mainly stems from the fact, that I like my personal time alone and I saw the benefits of having a sisterwife to send him to every other day. hehe.. maybe that is the wrong reasons. But I am being truthful.

But anyhow, would you please not dance around my question and answer it directly as it is asked.

Thank you and God Bless

PS... I will post my name this time. My mother named me after the bibilical account of when the Israeli Army went marching into Jericho, some refer to it as the "Jericho March". So since I am a girl she named me Jeri Nicole and nicknamed me Jericho. hehe..

Anonymous said...

Well I think that was a real broad brush you just painted University of Utah with! I went to the U and it made me more spiritual by far...as as far as the professors go only some are atheist--not all. There is good in everything and everyplace if you look for it! It all depends on what your looking for.

Creative Commons License
Almost Heaven by HoneyDawn is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.